Sunday, February 9, 2014

3 Tips on How to Be Positive Around Complainers



The difference between complainers and people who don't complain- The non complainers feel empowered over their lives to make it the way they want.

The complaining state is one of discontent, unfulfillment, unease, and uncertainty. One where we have all experienced at some point of our lives.

When we are around complainers I offer a few tips to help the situation go in a positive direction.

1. BE OF SERVICE - Ask the person "How can I help you?" 
Being of service in a moment of discontent offers the person a sense of relief.  Hope may be near, change could occur with the help of someone else.  

2. USE YOUR HAPPINESS SHIELD - Respond with KLOGZ

Kindness - I admire ___
Love -  I accept ____
Optimism - I'm optimistic ___
Gratitude - I'm grateful ____
Zest - I'm excited ____

3. USE ADMIRATION, APPRECIATION, AFFECTION

I Admire ____
I Appreciate _____
<give Affection> - hug, high five, or rub on the shoulder, or if typing just mention affection.

Positive psychology offers us tools to use when it comes to combatting every day negativity within ourselves and those around us.

Let me know how it goes the next time you are around a complainer and you put these tools to use!

Upward spiral and away!

No comments:

Post a Comment